CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus
- Sets and their representation
- Types of sets: empty sets, finite and infinite sets, power set, universal set
- Cardinality of sets
- Subset and superset
- Venn diagram
- Operation on sets: union of sets
- Operation on sets: intersection and difference of sets
- Complement of sets
- Practical problems on union and intersection of two sets
Relations & Functions
- Cartesian product of sets
- Function: domain and range
- identity function, constant function and modulus function
- Graphs of polynomial function
- Algebra of real functionsn
- Positive and negative angles
- Measuring angles in radians and in degrees and conversion of one into other
- Definition of trigonometric functions with the help of unit circle
- Truth of the sin2x+cos2x=1, for all x
- Signs of trigonometric functions
- Domain and range of trignometric functions and their graphs
- Expressing sin (x±y) and cos (x±y) in terms of sinx, siny, cosx & cosy and their simple application
- Deducing identities like the following:
- Identities related to sin 2x, cos 2x, tan 2x, sin 3x, cos 3x and tan 3x
- General solution of trigonometric equations of the type sin y = sin a, cos y = cos a and tan y = tan a.
Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Process of the proof by induction, motivating the application of the method by looking at natural numbers as the least inductive subset of real numbers
- The principle of mathematical induction
- Simple Application of principle of mathematical induction
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Need for complex numbers, especially √1, to be motivated by inability to solve some of the quardratic equations
- Algebraic properties of complex numbers
- Modulus and conjugate of complex numbers
- Argand plane and polar representation of complex numbers
- Statement of Fundamental Theorem of Algebra, solution of quadratic equations in the complex number system
- Euler’s formula and De Moivre’s theorem
- Square root of a complex number.
- Linear inequalities
- Algebraic solutions of linear inequalities in one variable and their representation on the number line
- Graphical solution of linear inequalities in two variables
- Graphical solution of system of linear inequalities in two variables.
Permutations and Combinations
- Fundamental principle of counting
- History, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices.
- Pascal’s triangle, General and middle term in binomial expansion, simple applications.
Sequence and Series
- Sequence and Series
- Arithmetic Progression (A.P.).
- Geometric progression
- Relationship between Aithmetic mean and geometric mean
- Formula for the following special sum:
- Brief recall of two dimensional geometry from earlier classes
- Shifting of origin
- Slope of a line and angle between two lines.
- Various forms of equations of a line: parallel to axis, point-slope form, slope-intercept form, two-point form, intercept form and normal form. General equation of a line
- AEquation of family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines
- Distance of a point from a line.
- Sections of cone
- a point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerated case of a conic section
- Standard equations and simple properties of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Standard equation of a circle.
Introduction to Three–dimensional Geometry
- Coordinates of point in space
- Distance between two points
- Section formula
Limits and Derivatives
- Derivative introduced as rate of change both as that of distance function and geometrically.
- Intutive idea of limit
- Limits of polynomials and rational functions, trignometric, exponential and logarithmic functions
- Definition of derivative, relate it to slope of tangent of a curve, derivative of sum, difference, product and quotient of functions
- The derivative of polynomial and trignometric functions
- New statements from old
- Special word/phrase
- validating statements
- Measures of dispersion and range
- Mean deviation
- mean deviation for ungrouped data
- mean deviation for discrete frequency distribution
- mean deviation for continuous frequency distribution
- Variance and standard deviation
- Shortcut method for finding variance and standard deviation
- Analysis of frequency distribution
- Random experiments; outcomes, sample spaces
- Event and types of event
- Algebra of event
- Axiomatic approach to probability
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 11 Maths besides NCERT Textbooks
Mathematics is another important subject of CBSE Class 11 and these books are considered as best books for the preparation of this subject.
NCERT Exemplar for Class 11 Mathematics – All Chapters
Mathematics for Class 11 by R D Sharma (2019 – 2020 Session)
NCERT Exemplar Solutions for Class 11 Maths – All Chapters
NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 Mathematics: All Chapters
CBSE Class 11 Maths, Notes ,Test Papers, Sample Papers, NCERT, R D Sharma, R S Agarwal Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths
Get 100 percent accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths explained by expert Science teachers. We provide step by step solutions for the questions given in Class 11 Maths textbook as per CBSE Board guidelines from the latest NCERT book for Class 11 Maths.
CBSE Class 11 Maths Notes
Get Notes prepared by Ex-IITIan for CBSE Class 11 Maths
Concept Maps and Important Questions Class 11 Maths
These concept maps and important questions will help you to revise the concepts quickly and get good marks. Solutions come handy for quickly completing your homework and preparing for exams. All questions and answers of Class 11 Maths are provided here for . I will help you online for any doubt / clarification.
CBSE Class 11 Maths Assignments
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to contact me online incase of any doubt / clarification.
CBSE Class 11 Maths R D Sharma and R S Agarwal Solution
Chapter wise solution of RD Sharma and R S Agarwal for Class 11 solved by Expert Mathematics Teachers (Ex- IITians) on https://www.IITianAcademy.com as per NCERT (CBSE) Book guidelines. All chapter wise RD Sharma Class 11 Maths Exercise Questions with Solutions to help you to revise the complete Syllabus make you ready for next Big thing – IIT JEE exam.
Past Many Years Question Chemistry Class 11 Solutions
Past Many Years Question Papers Solutions for Class 11 Maths are provided here with simple step-by-step explanations. These solutions for re extremely popular among Class 11 students for Chemistry . Solutions come handy for quickly completing your homework and preparing for exams. All questions and answers from the Past Many Years Question Papers Book of Class 11 Maths Chapter are provided here for . I will help you online for any doubt / clarification.