The aims of a course based on this syllabus should be to:
1. provide students with an experience that develops their interest in Physics and builds the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further studies in related fields
2. enable students to become scientifically literate citizens who are well-prepared for the challenges of the 21st century
3. develop in students the understanding, skills, ethics and attitudes relevant to the Practices of Science, including the following:
- 3.1 understanding the nature of scientific knowledge
- 3.2 demonstrating science inquiry skills
- 3.3 relating science and society
4. develop in students an understanding that a small number of basic principles and core ideas can be applied to explain, analyse and solve problems in a variety of systems in the physical world.