Living things and their habitats
- Classification-use classification keys to group living things.
- Habitats- recognise that environments can change and this can pose dangers.
States of matter
- classify materials as solids, liquids or gases.
- observe that materials change state when they are heated or cooled.
- understand evaporation and condensation as part of the water cycle.
In Year 4 science, your child will be encouraged to ask questions about scientific concepts and then carry out experiments to find out the answers. In doing this they will:
- learn what a ‘fair test’ is.
- take measurements from a range of equipment.
- gather and record data.
- report on findings orally and in writing.