- identifying the functions of parts of plants.
- understanding what plants need to grow.
- investigating transportation of water within plants.
- exploring the life cycle of plants.
- seed distribution / dispersal
- understanding that dark is the absence of light.
- investigating light reflection from surfaces.
- looking at how shadows are formed and how they change.
Forces and magnets
In Year 3 science, your child will be encouraged to ask questions about scientific concepts and then carry out experiments to find out the answers. In doing this they will:
- learn what a ‘fair test’ is.
- take measurements using a range of equipment.
- gather and record data.
- report their findings orally and in writing.