CBSE class 12 exam 2021: Board raises weightage for MCQs in Class XII
After reducing 30% of the syllabus for Class XII, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has now changed the question paper pattern, giving more weightage to multiple-choice based questions and those based on case studies.
After sample question papers for Classes X and XII were released, schools said the weightage for MCQs had increased by nearly 10%. For subjects like physics, questions based on thinking skills such as ascertaining and reasoning have been introduced. In biology, MCQs have been replaced with short-answer type questions.
new pattern was aimed at testing children’s comprehension. “Earlier, the question paper would focus on knowledge based questions. Now, they are shifting to understanding and application oriented questions. But, the paper appears to be lengthy .
the quality of questions had improved and a paradigm shift in teaching and learning process was required. “Now, teachers and students have to focus more,” number of questions in mathematics had gone up from 36 to 38.
Many city schools expect to complete the portions by the first week of December after beginning online classes in April, but, principals feel it may not be enough.
Students have not been writing full three-hour tests. “Writing practice is limited as the tests are only for 90 minutes.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday declared the results for Class 12 examinations 2020. As per CBSE, with 88.78 per cent pass percentage this year for Class 12, the pass percentage has increased by 5.38 per cent. Last year, the pass percentage was 83.40 per cent. The Class 12 board results could be viewed on the CBSE official website.
- CBSE on Monday announced the class 12 results
- The CBSE class 12 results are available on Board’s website — cbseresults.nic.in
- Students can check the result link here as well
ike previous years, the Board has declared the class 12 results for Arts, Commerce and Science streams on the same day. Students can check their CBSE class 12 results from the official website of the Board — cbse.nic.in.
CBSE 12th results 2020 Highlights
– CBSE website has been resumed, students can get their results from the official website
-Students can get their CBSE class 12 result 2020 instantly by sending SMS to 7738299899 in the following format.
Example: cbse12 9876543210
– Divyanshi Jain from Lucknow’s Navyug Radiance School has scored 100 in all subjects. She is from the humanities stream.
– The link to download the CBSE 12th result is now working. The students can visit – cbseresults.nic.in – to check and download their result online.
– As informed by NIC, there is a technical issue in accessing CBSE 12th results. The same is likely to resume in two hours. However , complete results have been sent to all schools and students can obtain their results from schools. The results are also being pushed through Digilocker.
Check alternative ways to download your CBSE 12th result
The students can download the DigiLocker mobile app from Playstore (links provided below) and login using credentials share by the Board. The Board has already sent the DigiLocker account credentials to students via SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE. Students can use their DigiLocker account credentials to download their certificates online.
– In addition to the arrangements made by CBSE to access results online, complete results have also been sent to all schools. Schools can check their complete result from official e-mails IDs created for each school CBSE this year
– Students and parents can also access useful material and techniques to cope with result related anxiety at the CBSE website cbse.nic.in.
– CBSE Post-Result Tele-Counselling services will be available from July 13, 2020, to July 27, 2020, on all days from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Centralized Toll-Free Number – 1800 11 8004: Choose any of the two options
IVRS: Recorded useful tips to deal with exam results 2020 and other information on tackling stress, important contact details, Covid-19 precautions and so on.
Live Tele-counselling: Tele-operators will connect students and parents to the principals, counsellors and special educators.
– To login in to Digilocker account, use CBSE registered mobile number, OTP and enter the last 6 digits of your roll number as security pin.
– CBSE 12th digital mark sheet, passing and migration certificates, skill certificates are available on DigiLocker mobile app. Students can use their Digilocker account credentials to download their certificates online. The Board has already sent the Digilocker account credentials to students via SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE.
– This year, the CBSE Board has decided to replace the term ‘FAIL’ by the term “Essential Repeat”
– CBSE 12th Compartment exam date and time will also be released later after consultation with Central govt
– CBSE optional exam date and time will be announce later after consultation with Central govt.
– Marks obtained by a candidate in the CBSE optional exams will be treated as final for those who had opted to take these exams
– Students whose results have been declared can also opt for CBSE optional exams, if they wish so.
– CBSE will conduct an optional examination in the subjects whose examinations scheduled to be conducted from 01st July to 15th July 2020 as soon as conditions are conducive as assessed and decided by the Central Government.
– The board has announced the results on the basis of an alternate assessment scheme after the pending exams were cancelled in view of spike in COVID-19 cases. As per the four-pointer scheme, marks have been awarded on basis of marks scored by a student in his or her best performing subjects.
– As per CBSE, with 88.78 per cent pass percentage this year for Class 12, the pass percentage has increased by 5.38 per cent. Last year, the pass percentage was 83.40 per cent.
– A total of 87651 or 7.35 per cent students have been placed in Compartment list
– The number of students who scored >95% and above is 38686
– A total of 157934 students have scored >90% and above this year.
– Institution-wise Comparative Performance 2020
– Earlier, a fake release had surfaced on social media which stated that the CBSE 12th results will be announced on July 11 and 10th results will be out on July 13.
– The CBSE Board has announced that no merit list will be released this year due to Covid-19
– Class 12 results of 400 students could not be computed as per decided assessment scheme; their results will be announced later: CBSE
– Girls outshine boys in CBSE class 12 examination, record 5.96 per cent higher pass percentage than boys
– CBSE Class 12 Region-wise Pass percentage 2020
The Trivandrum region recorded the highest pass percentage at 97.67 whereas the lowest pass percentage was recorded at 74.57 in the Patna region.
– This year a total of 1203595 students had registered for the CBSE 12th exam, out of which 1192961 appeared. A total of 1059080 students passes the CBSE exam. The overall pass percentage of CBSE 12th is 88.78 per cent.
– CBSE 12th Results 2020 declared on July 13 on the official website of the Board.
CBSE Exams 2020
CBSE had released the date sheet for board exam 2020 on December 17, 2019. This year, CBSE commenced the Board exams for both classes 10 and 12 on February 15. The exams for the main subjects for class 12 began on February 27, with English paper.
A total of 12,06,893 students had registered for the CBSE class 12 examination which include 5,22,819 girls, 6,84,068 boys and 6 transgenders.
Due to pandemic and subsequent lockdown, CBSE had to postpone some exams and later decided to resume on July 1. However, CBSE later decided to cancel the examinations due to a spike in the covid-19 cases.